- Perival Mantear - current High Seat of the house.
- Willin Mantear - elderly uncle of Perival.
- Galadidred Damodred - son of princess Tigraine Mantear, adopted by Queen Morgase Trakand.
- Mordrellen Mantear - former High Seat and former Queen of Andor, mother of Tigraine and Luc.
- Tigraine Mantear - former Daughter-Heir of Andor and sister of Luc.
- Luc Mantear - former First Prince of the Sword of Andor and brother of Tigraine.
- Rand al'Thor - while he is the son of Tigraine, he has decided to keep his noble heritage a secret.
- Dolera Mantear - Former High Seat and Queen of Andor and mother of Mordrellen.
Mantear was the ruling House of Andor before Morgase won the Third Succession War in NE 972. At this time, the Daughter-Heir, Tigraine, was missing. This was due to the advice and Foretellings of Gitara Moroso, the advisor to Queen Mordrellen.
House Mantear had begun to run heavily into male children and, as such, there was no one for Mantear to put forward from their own House as a suitable candidate for the Lion Throne.
The sigil of House Mantear is a silver anvil on a field quartered blue and red.
Fourth Succession War - House Mantear (along House Taravin, House Gilyard, House Haevin and House Northan) was one of the first five Houses to lend its support to House Trakand in its bid for the Lion Throne.