I've been discussing Wheel of Time on the net since 2000 and been a long-time contributor to WoTmania. I like to add improvements to the WoT wiki when I can. It's a really great project!
- Real Name: Chris Moorhead
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Age: 26
- Reading WoT Since: Feb 2000
Yeah man i reakon i'm closing on the two top dogs and I know your breathing down my back to. Love all the work your doing to. Noticed that your upgrading the whiteclocks and its looking good. Can't wait for u to do the asha'man as they are a favourite for me. My big plan is to try and have all the characters to be updated by the final book. Hopefully someone comes and updates all the chapters as I can't be bothered doing that. --GuanYu79 21:49, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
OK cool I like what u have done with Damer Flinn and will carry that template on. So do u think there should be a Logain affiliation as well. There are a couple of first seen parts that i'm a little hazy with and will need to be confirmed. Will carry on with the rest of the Asha'man then. Just a small problem. Didn't u have the black Ajah as black and white. Thought u might have wanted a different colour to stop confusion --GuanYu79 03:24, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Gone through and done the Asha'man. Have a look and tell me what u think. Might have a look at doing the band of the Red hand as well. Any ideas on the banner and icon for that one --GuanYu79 07:51, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Daerid looks great but no image has come up so not sure on which one u used. Peral Povel also isn't linking to Mazrim's cronies
Ok sweet but I was doing more for u as I know u check everything that has been recently done. So then any ? present can be corrected or filled in by u. But will leave blank if u like.
- Ah, Ok, I understand now. That makes sense. :) I thought you just meant that the info was unknown. Yeah, that is fine. I don't check everything, but at least I'll know to have a look at the ? category for things that might need extra info. It might even be worth creating that category page along with an explanation that extra information is needed for the character template.
Do you think it would be possible, given copyright problems, to have an article of songs? Lyrics. Fatidiot1234 04:56, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Seafolk and Tear
Hey man just going through some of the character profiles for The High Lords of Tear and the Seafolk. What colours and symbols do u want for the two. Just give me an idea with Harine din Togara Two Winds and Astoril Damara and will continue following your fine example PS looks like u have beaten me now and are closing on for 2nd overall and soon to be the big number one!!--GuanYu79 23:51, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- OK, sure. I've done the Atha'an Miere one for you. I'm not sure what icon to pick for the Tairen one yet - maybe a smaller version of the flag. I'll get that sorted this evening. I'll also give a hand with some of the Atha'an Miere pages - I have a large amount of content on Atha'an Miere Hierarchy to add. I prefer to use the term Atha'an Miere instead of Sea Folk (since that is what they call themselves, similar to the Tuatha'an), but I think the wiki uses both. Any thoughts on standardising one way or the other? I've also changed the affiliation from Coramoor to Atha'an Miere for Harine since the Sea Folk simply have a Bargain with the Coramoor rather than follow his lead. They are more his allies than his subjects.
- Thanks! I've racked up a lot of edits in restructuring the categories (still a work in progess). How do you like the new browsing tables for the People and Places? I've been looking at some of the bigger wikis to see how they do things and have been trying to recreate their structure. After I get the main categories finished I'll work on the main page more.
- Cheers! :D:
- Moridin_2000 13:08, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Cool, will keep those notes in mind. Nearly done with CoT, but I find that book so boring its taken me about two months to read!! With Tear, perhaps the icon of callandor could be used. Just a thought anyway.
Isn't he a warder of Verin who has sworn an oath of fealty to Rand. Is his alligance to Dragon Reborn?
And tfoh prologue Rahvin POV he mentions Channel, the red Aes Sedai sister that Elaida places in Andor who hasn't attained the ageless look yet. --GuanYu79 22:10, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- I put his allegiance as Unaligned Sisters because the rest of the Aes Sedai are split up into the allegiances of Elaida's White Tower, Rebel Aes Sedai and Unaligned sisters. The other Warders have been added according to their Aes Sedai. I think he was down as Rebel Aes Sedai previously.
- The name of the red sister isn't known - Rahvin uses the word channel as a question rather than referring to her name. Lanfear says he is dangerous to keep her as a pet and he replies. "Channel?" he sneered.. "She is not strong enough to be allowed outdoors without a keeper. They call untutored children Aes Sedai when half what they know is self-taught tricks and the other half barely scratches the surface.". In context, I think that he is referring to her ability rather than her name. We have a page for Rahvin's Pet Aes Sedai, instead. :)
- Cheers! Moridin_2000 00:02, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Oh, thats where i was getting confused. I thought he said channel as in a name, not referinng to the one power. Cheers for clearing that up --GuanYu79 01:18, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Just me again sorry. With Edarra, she is a Wise One. Is the banner u use different to just normal Aiel or do u use a different colour?? --GuanYu79 23:03, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hey GY! I'm just using the same format for the Wise Ones as for the rest of the Aiel. Check out Someryn as a model. :) Also, any thoughts on the Tairen icon for Astoril Damara? I may make it a little bit larger, but what do you think of it in general? I also reedited the page on the High Lords of Tear.
- Cheers! --Moridin_2000 11:08, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey man going through all the books and sorting out first appearances. I'm also looking at doing the character templates for Darkfriends, Ogier and Malkier characters. Any ideas on these. The dragon fang was used for Asha'man and black banners have been overused PS love the Tear template. The golden color is a refreashing change and its nice and easy if we use the nations flags for all other characters--GuanYu79 03:12, 1 July 2009 (UTC)